© Art Paris Art Fair 2019
Pride of place goes to women artists for the 21st edition of Art Paris fair. Curated by AWARE : Archives of Women Artists, Research and Exhibitions, 25 specific projects by women artists have been selected from amongst the exhibits of participating galleries.
This selection presents a critical and subjective overview of the work of women artists in France from the post-war period to the present day and is divided into four themes: Abstraction, the Feminist Avant-Garde, Image and Theatricality.
AWARE has also been invited to write a critical essay that situates each artist’s work in its historical context.
In parallel to the AWARE selection, numerous galleries have chosen to present women artists.
Liste of the women artists selected:
– Anna Eva Bergman (Jérome Poggi)
– Bernadette Bour (Françoise Livinec)
– Marcelle Cahn (Lahumière)
– Béatrice Casadesus1 (Dutko)
– Geneviève Claisse (Grimont, A&R Fleury, Wagner)
– Marinette Cueco1 (Univer/Colette Cola)
– Monique Frydman (Bogéna)
– Shirley Jaffe (Nathalie Obadia)
– Vera Molnár1 (Oniris)
– Aurélie Nemours (Lahumière)
– Vera Pagava (Chauvy)
– Marta Pan (Chauvy)
– Judit Reigl1 (Kalmann Maklary)
The Feminist Avant-Garde
– Esther Ferrer (Lara Vincy)
– Marie Orensanz (School Gallery/Olivier Castaing)
– ORLAN (Ceysson & Bénétière)
– Teresa Tyszkiewic (Anne de Villepoix)
– Martine Aballéa (Dilecta)
– Malala Andrialavidrazana1 (Caroline Smulders)
– Valérie Belin (Nathalie Obadia)
– Sophie Ristelhueber (Jérôme Poggi)
– Karina Bisch1 (Thomas Bernard–Cortex Athletico)
– Oda Jaune (Templon)
– Laure Prouvost (Nathalie Obadia)
– Ulla Von Brandenburg1 (Art : Concept)
You can click on the names of artists in italics to discover their page on AWARE or Art Paris website.